Students are eligible to apply for residence if they:
- are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program for the 2018-2019 academic session (18 credits over F/W terms or 9 credits per term), AND
- have no significant behavioral infractions reported while living in or visiting the York residences, AND
- have no outstanding debt in their student account from previous academic terms.
1. Returning residents are strongly encouraged to apply early and no later than February 28, 2018 to improve their chances of getting an offer and/or receiving their room/suite preferences. Housing reserves the right to rescind any offers if student applicant is found not eligible to live in the residence they applied for.
2. Spaces will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Housing will continue to accept applications until all spaces are filled.
3. Housing will make every effort to accommodate students' preferences, but we reserve the right to assign all residence space according to availability, suitability, fairness and need.
Residence offers with room assignments will be sent out by email beginning late March and will continue throughout the summer. To accept an offer, students must, by the offer deadline date:
- return via email or fax the signed acceptance offer letter (both pages) AND
- pay the $300 non-refundable room offer deposit online using a credit or visa debit card upon acceptance of their residence room offer. The deposit is not an additional charge and will be credited back to the student account after move-in. Instructions on how to pay the room deposit online will be included in the offer email.
The housing offer email contains specific details of residence and room being offered. Unless due to an extenuating circumstance, students may not request to change residence/room assignments. After moving in, students must notify the Residence Life staff if they are having challenges in their current placement. Furthermore, transfers are not permitted unless alternative space is available and are mediated as a final resolution between Residence Life staff and Housing Services. Transfers may also result to additional fees.
Upon declining a residence offer, students may ask to be placed back on the waiting list or cancel their application.
If students do not respond by the deadline indicated in the housing offer email, their applications will be cancelled. Students may contact Housing and request to reactivate their applications so they can be placed back on the waiting list.
Information about moving in and specific residence details will be included in the offer package. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the Housing Office and check their application status from time to time.
Students are encouraged to contact Housing Services at email@example.com to follow up on their application status if they do not hear back by mid-July.
Note: Housing Services strives to ensure the completeness and accuracy of information contained on this website, however, we reserve the right to change any of the information at any time without notice.