- You are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program for the 2017-2018 academic session (18 credits over F/W terms or 9 credits per term), AND
- You have no significant behavioral infractions reported while living in or visiting the York residences, AND
- You have no outstanding debt on your student account from previous academic terms.
2. Current students will be assigned to a single room, however if you wish to consider a more affordable option then you may apply to live with a friend in a double room as long as you request each other and are of the same gender.
3. If you have not previously lived in residence then we cannot guarantee your preferences and room offers will be made according to availability of any space in any residence building.
Housing will make every effort to accommodate your preferences, but we reserve the right to assign all residence space according to availability, suitability, fairness and need.
Applications received after February 28: We cannot guarantee you a space in residence and you could be placed on a waiting list. Space will be offered as it becomes available throughout the summer. We encourage you to still apply after the February 28 deadline.
- Returning your signed acceptance offer letter (both pages) to the Housing Office via fax or email by the deadline specified AND
- You are required to pay a $250 non-refundable room reservation deposit online using a credit or visa debit card upon acceptance of your residence room offer. Your deposit is not an additional charge and will be deducted from your room fees after you move in. Instructions on how to pay your room deposit online will be included with your room offer.
Students will be offered a specific room in a specific residence building. Students who accept their offer are accepting their specific assignment.
You may not change your building or room assignment without permission which will be given only in the limited circumstances described below. If you have difficulty with your room or building assignment after moving in, you must notify the Residence Life staff. Transfers are not permitted unless alternative space is available and are mediated as a final resolution between Residence Life staff and Housing Services and may result in additional room and room transfer fees.
If you decline your residence offer then you may ask to be placed on a wait list or have your application cancelled.
If you do not respond to your residence offer by the deadline indicated, then your offer will expire and your application will be cancelled. You may contact Housing and request to reactivate your application and be placed on a waiting list at any time.
Information about moving in and other residence services will be included with your offer package. It is your responsibility to contact the Housing Office and check your offer status in order to meet your acceptance deadline.
Note: Housing Services strives to ensure the completeness and accuracy of information contained on this website, however, we reserve the right to change any of the information at anytime without notice.