Current Student FAQ - Keele Campus

When can I apply?

2018-2019 Fall/Winter term undergraduate residence applications are available starting February 1, 2018. Please visit the Current Students - Keele website to apply. Please remember, the earlier you apply, the better your chances of securing a room.

Is there a deadline for applications?

No, we will continue to accept applications as long as there is space available.

Do I have to pay a fee with my application?

Yes, a $50 non-refundable fee is payable online by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Visa Debit when you submit your application.

Will I be eligible for residence next year?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for residence as long as:

  1. You are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program (18 credits over F/W terms or 9 credits per term),AND
  2. You have no significant behavioral infractions reported while living in or visiting the York residences, AND
  3. You have no outstanding debt on your student account from previous academic terms.

When will I get a room offer?

Specific room assignments and offers will be sent out to students starting June and will continue throughout the summer, via email. The earlier you apply, the earlier you will receive an offer.

Can I apply for different residences?

Yes, you will have the opportunity to select up to two building preferences in the same Housing application.

Can I apply for a suite-style residence with a friend or a group of friends?

Yes, you and your friends can apply and request each other as suitemates as long as all applicants meet the eligibility criteria and that you applied at the same time. Please note that if any of the students that applied to live together do not meet the eligibility criteria at the time of offer, then they cannot be placed in the same suite. Pond and Calumet suites typically receive more applications than spaces available so applying does not guarantee the requested space.

Will I get to choose a building/room preference?

Yes, you can indicate a specific building/room preference on your application. The earlier you apply, the better your chances are of receiving your building/room preference, pending availability.

Can I have a single room?

You can indicate single room as preference in the application although typically, upper-year students are offered a single room first. However, there is also an affordable alternative option for you if you know someone you would be happy to share a room with. You can request to share a double room with a friend as long as you are of the same gender and you request each other as roommates.

Will I have to pay a fee to secure my space?

Yes, you are required to pay a $300 non-refundable Room Offer Acceptance Fee online using a credit or visa debit card upon acceptance of your residence room offer. The ROAF is not an additional charge and will be credited back to your student account after you move in. Instructions on how to pay your ROAF online will be included with your room offer.

Can I apply if I have never lived in residence?

Yes, you can apply for residence as long as you meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above and you are under 21 years of age.

Can I apply for York Apartments Housing?

You are eligible to apply for York Apartments Housing if you are a mature undergraduate student who is 21 years of age or older.

Check the York Apartments Housing website for more information.

Note: Housing Services strives to ensure the completeness and accuracy of information contained on this website, however, we reserve the right to change any of the information at any time without notice.