Students are eligible to apply for residence if they:
- are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program for the 2019-2020 academic session (18 credits over F/W terms or 9 credits per term), AND
- have no significant behavioral infractions reported while living in or visiting the York residences, AND
- have no outstanding debt on their student account from previous academic terms.
1. Returning residents are strongly encouraged to apply early and no later than February 28, 2019 to improve their chances of getting an offer and/or receiving their room/suite preferences. Housing reserves the right to rescind any offers if student applicant is found not eligible to live in the residence they applied for.
2. Spaces will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Housing will continue to accept applications until all spaces are filled.
3. Housing will make every effort to accommodate students' preferences, but we reserve the right to assign all residence space according to availability, suitability, fairness and need.
Current residents that are not in good standing (with financial/behavioural block) will not receive a housing offer. Residence offers will be sent out via email starting mid to late March where students will be given the following details:
- The room and the residence building being offered
- The instructions on how to accept their offers online including paying the room offer deposit
If you decline your residence offer then you may ask to be placed on a wait list or have your application cancelled.
If you do not respond to your residence offer by the deadline indicated, your offer will expire and your application will be cancelled. You may contact Housing and request to reactivate your application and be placed on a waiting list.
Information about moving in to Residence will be available on Residence Move-in Information page and will be updated as it gets closer to move-in day. A Move-in Package email will be sent to residents who accepted a space prior to arrival.
Upon move-in, students may not change their building or room assignment without permission from Housing and Conference Services through a transfer request. The Transfer Request Form goes online every October. If experiencing roommate conflicts or other challenges, residents must first contact their Don or Residence Life Coordinator. Transfer will not be granted unless they are mediated by Residence Life & Housing and Conference Services, and pending room availability. If you receive written approval to transfer to another residence/room, you will be charged a transfer fee and you will be responsible for covering any additional room upgrade costs, if applicable.
Note: Housing & Conference Services strives to ensure the completeness and accuracy of information contained on this website, however, we reserve the right to change any of the information at any time without notice.