Current Student FAQ - Glendon Campus (Under Review)

When can I apply?

2018-2019 Fall/Winter term undergraduate residence applications are available starting February 1. Please visit the Current Students website to apply.

Is there a deadline for applications?

We will be taking applications all through the summer but applications received by February 28 will be guaranteed a residence space and will receive priority for their room preference as long as they meet eligibility criteria.

Do I have to pay a fee with my application?

Yes, a $50 non-refundable fee is payable online by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Visa Debit when you submit your application.

Will I be eligible for residence next year?

You are eligible for undergraduate residence for next year if you meet the following criteria:

  1. You are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program (18 credits over F/W terms or 9 credits per term), AND
  2. You have no significant behavioral infractions reported while previously occupying the York residences, AND
  3. You have no outstanding debt on your student account from previous academic terms.

When will I get a room offer?

Specific room assignments and offers will be sent out to students starting May.

Can I transfer to a different residence?

Yes, however students who apply back to their current residence by February 28 will receive priority. Students apply to transfer into a different residence will be considered if there is still space available after placing current residents. Semi-private rooms are very limited and requests always exceed the space available.  

Will I get to choose a room preference?

You can select a room, floor/section, or suite preference on your application but specific assignments cannot be guaranteed. The earlier you apply, the better your chances are of receiving your room preference.  

Can I have a single room?

All upper-year students are automatically offered a single room if you apply by the priority deadline, but you can also request to share a double room with a friend as long as you request each other and are the same gender. This may be an affordable option for you to consider if you know someone you would be happy to share a room with. 

Will I have to pay a room deposit?

Yes, you are required to pay a $300 non-refundable room reservation deposit online using a credit or visa debit card upon acceptance of your residence room offer. Your deposit is not an additional charge and will be deducted from your room fees after you move in. Instructions on how to pay your room deposit online will be included with your room offer.

Can I apply if I have never lived in residence?

Yes, you can apply to residence as long as you are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program.

Do you keep a waiting list?

Yes, we will keep a waiting list in case we get late cancellations and we will offer any space in any building as it becomes available.  


Note: Housing Services strives to ensure the completeness and accuracy of information contained on this website, however, we reserve the right to change any of the information at anytime without notice.